Okay – this is not the usual thing around here, but today I’m going to talk about me (LOL).
Around a month ago, I got tagged for the Liebster Blog Award by the lovely CrazyMai. It’s been only a little while since I started following her blog, so I was really happy and surprised when I saw she had chosen me for this, and, even though I don’t usually do this kind of things, I felt I had the moral obligation to post this, no matter how long it took^^
“But WTF are you talking about?” you must be saying to yourself. Let me explain it properly:
• The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
• The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer3. Choose eleven people and link them in your post.4. Go to their page and tell them.5. Remember no tag backs!
So, now you know what the whole thing is about, let’s go straight to the first step: saying 11 random things about me.
1. I was born in Novosibirsk, Russia, on February 1989 – which makes me a former citizen of the USSR :-)
[...this is not USSR but 2007 Berlin, though :P]
2. I got my name from the Metallica song Don’t Tread On Me, and I like it so much I rarely use my real name anymore :P
3. I listen to music ALL THE TIME. From the moment I wake up till the moment I go to bed, there’s always music playing around me, and I never get tired of it.
4. I sing along to songs a lot. If I know the melody and the lyrics of a song, I’m always going to sing it (unless I’m feeling particularly tired or I’m in a bad mood LOL). That drives some people crazy, but I can’t help it! Plus, singing is my job, so STFU ^^
5. I like listening to all sorts of music (even the music I hate – how do you know you hate it if you’ve never heard it?), but I’m basically an old-school rocker. Many of my favourite albums were recorded in the 70s and I still believe that there has never been a more creative period in rock history. However, most of the other old-school rockers stop talking to me as soon as they find out that I’m a Tokio Hotel fan, so I guess I’m too modern for the old-school, and too old-school for the modern :P
6. I LOVE Metallica’s St. Anger. Not only do I love it, but I also consider it one of the best recordings that have ever been made by anyone. That’s probably another reason why I don’t usually get along with my old-school rocker pals…
7. I did ballet for 13 years, and I developed a strong love/hate relationship with it. However, I’m still satisfied with the results I achieved during that time, and, even though I’ll never be anything close to professional, I can proudly say that I’m not terrible ;)
8. I quit school when I was 16 and the only thing I regret is not having done it earlier – it was illegal! LOL. Teachers and I never got along too well…
9. I have cats – SEVEN CATS –, so you can figure out I’m a huge cat lover… Freddie Mercury level (LOL).
10. I ‘m in love with Germany and all things German (I bet there must be a reason for that… LOL). I’ve been learning German for a couple of years now, all by myself, of course ;)
11. I’m an extremely nocturnal person. I go to bed VERY late (around 5 am, these days LOL) and wake up around what most of the people would consider “lunch time”. I just feel better when it’s dark outside. That’s why I love winter, with its short days and its loooong nights ^^
Now it’s time for Mai’s questions!
1. If you could be someone else for one day (no matter who, in which time, etc.), who would you want to be and what would you do?
I think I would be Tom Kaulitz. I’d spend the whole day looking at myself in the mirror and taking pictures of my little brother, which I believe is very much what a normal day in his life is like (LOL). Oh, and of course I'd use the chance to find out some super secret stuff I’ve been dying to know for years…
2. Which country/city do you HAVE to visit one time in life?
3. Do you think you're lucky with your life (family, friends, etc..)? And why?
I suppose I’m lucky in some aspects and not so lucky in others, but I don’t spend much time thinking about that, really. I think life is just what it is, and you have to try and get the best out of it :)
4. What is your favourite movie?
Terminator II: Judgement Day. Yeah, right, I bet you didn’t expect that LOL. Of course, there’s a big pile (well, maybe not SO big) of movies I really love, but this is the one that describes the way I’m feeling in this particular moment of my life better than any other. And, of course, it’s a BIG classic ^^
5. Why did you start blogging?
Because I saw other people blogging and I said to myself: “if they can do it, maybe I can do it too!” :P I liked the idea of having some kind of archive for my outfits (I used to do it on paper before LOL) and sharing my fashion concepts and the things that inspire me with whoever could be interested :)
6. What is your childhood hero?
Edward Scissorhands and Wednesday Addams (I guess that says a couple of things about my childhood LOL).
7. How would you describe your fashion style?
“Androgynous and juvenile with a really hard edge” ;)
8. What type of job would you like to have someday?
Musician, but I’m already doing that. I just don’t get paid for it LOL)^^
9. A song that makes you nostalgic?
Only one? Hmmm… The Future Is Now by The Offspring (from their brand new album Days Go By. Buy it now!*PROMO* *PROMO* LOL). And, of course, any song by Tokio Hotel :)
10. If you could dye your hair any colour(s), without having to worry about employability, hair damage, or what people would think of you, what would it be?
I don’t know… I’m so happy with my natural hair colour I’ve never really thought about any other. If I got bored one day, I think I’d just buy a bunch of wigs and wear them on special occasions … or I could go crazy and get dreads (LOL), but I wouldn’t change the colour :P
11. What do you think is your best feature?
My sense of humour and my larger than life personal charisma (LMFAO) B-)
You have to promote yourself ‘cause nobody else is gonna do it for you ;)
And so I guess we’ve come to the last part. I don’t think I can find 11 people to tag, so I’m afraid I’m going to do a little bit of cheating here. If you read this and you have less than 200 followers, you have officially been tagged by me! (I don’t think more than 11 people will read this anyway…) LOL
And my questions for you are:
1. Is there anything you want for Christmas (or your next birthday – whatever is nearer), but you know you are not going to receive?
2. If you had to describe your life with a music video, what would it be like?
3. What makes you go CRAZY?
4. If you had a huge, indecent amount of money and had to choose one single thing to spend it on, what would it be?
5. Which was the first record you ever bought? …And the last?
6. Do you usually look for a meaning in your dreams, or do you just think they’re random?
7. What’s the best Halloween/Carnival/whatever costume you’ve had?
8. What were you doing before I interrupted you with my impertinent questions? :P
9. Would you like to change your life in any way? If the answer is yes, tell us how!
10. What’s your biggest talent?
11. Who’s your biggest style icon?
Well, that’s all for today. I hope you’ve enjoyed this little distraction, and I promise I’ll be back soon with some new outfits… and golden jeans – lots of golden jeans –, that’s for sure! ^^